Wheely good evening one and all from Paris. We have made it all 288 miles in two days from London and apart from a couple of aches all is good. The last two days have been great and an experience I am immensely proud of. There is so much to say I am going to pick some of the key memories of the two days.
- Left London in warm hazy sunshine and made great progress to Dover
- Met a lovely lady called Pat Long at the Aldington village shop, she has also been diagnosed with cancer and donated £5 to our cause. Thanks Pat x
- The hill out of Folkestone!! Never knew it was that steep
- Made an earlier ferry and avoided sleeping on the crossing
- Made it to our overnight in Montreuil in the most quaint guest house
- Day 2 had it all – big climbs, rain, a puncture and about 70 miles of a 25 mph+ headwind!!!
- One final big climb into Paris and we made it
- And got to have our pics taken at Arc de Triomphe
To say I am happy is an under statement, I’m buzzing! Massive thank you to Neil for doing all the hotel and ferry booking and planning a great route. I’ll be back tomorrow with a summary of our day off in Paris watching Chris get his fourth Tour title. Until then enjoy the photos and see you soon 👍
Oh and of course we have the 282 miles back to London on Monday and Tuesday!!!