A wheely good day to you all and I have to apologise for the lack of blog activity. No excuse just busy and other things (cycling!!!) taken over!! This year I will make sure there is more updates on whats happening in the Paul Ashman Cycling world and of course my instagram keeps all things updated on a near daily basis so please check that out and follow me if you do not already.
2018 was a tremendous year for cycling related things and its hard to pick a best one but I think moving up from a cat 4 to a cat 3 racer was a highlight. I worked really hard on my winter training last year to get the legs to a place where I was able to move up a level. Cat 3 racing was then a baptism of fire but I hope to move this on during 2019.
Below is some of the many other great trips I attended and rode throughout the 2018 year:
- 7 days cycling in the Alps
- first visit to Mallorca, what a cycling Mecca!
- Tour de Yorkshire sportive
- Exmoor Beast (doesn’t get any easier)
- Many trips to watch racing with Paris Roubaix being one the many awesome weekends away
- Tour of Britain
- Once again a super night at the Rouleur Classic
- Bike packing solo around Belgium
- A year of successful cycling camps for PAC and the business growing further
- Trips to many cyclocross races with a highlight the floodlit Super Prestige in Diegem
So yes quite a year but I have to say 2019 is shaking up to be a corker with some cracking things to look forward to. I will keep some under the hat but I will let on to three special rides I am doing. In April I will be taking on the cobbles in the Paris Roubaix challenge and just two weeks later riding the Mallorca 312. This is regarded as one of the toughest sportive rides out there covering 312km around the island with a 14 hour cut off time limit. If that wasn’t enough July will be the turn of Lands End to John O Groats to raise money for charity. Nearly 1000 miles in 10 consecutive days.
So as you can see a special 2019 ahead. I will keep you more updated and until next time laters one and all. Cheers Paul.